Well, I finally did! I had been wanting to make a Roman Shade for my kitchen window and well finally got down to business and made it.
My mother in law who sews beautifully was a big help and so was this tutorial I found on you tube. So with window measurements in hand we were off to find fabric. Like I said my mother in law was a great help she also knew I would need hardware as well.
The fabric to the right is what we picked out for the shade. The fabric to the left is my dining room curtains ( my mother in law made for me). Good match considering we picked the fabric only because it was on sale.
I also had to sew a lining for the curtain this is where the rods are placed so the shade goes up and down nicely. I really do need to iron that lining!
I think the shade looks good and certainly keeps that morning sun out of your eyes! If you would like more detailed pictures of the shade let me know.